Sitting is a position that adds stress on the column structures. To avoid developing or build back problems, it is important to have the best ergonomic office chairs that supports the lower back and raise good posture. These days, many will be sitting all day – both in office environments as working on the machines.
The choice of a suitable chair is a critical step in preventing health problems for people working in a sitting position. Many basic concepts should be considered:
|Height Seat||Height Seat Post||Inclined seat||Support Back Inclined||Back Support Support||Dimension Back Support||Synchronised seat & Back|
|healthy and flexible seating allow workers to work effectively without being extremely tired. Chairs which promote active sitting mean less days low and improved performance.|
Characteristics to be sought in an ergonomic chair
The following features are very important to take into consideration when looking for an ergonomic chair at Ergonomicsource.com
- Height seat – should be easily adjustable.
- Width and depth of the seat – should be of sufficient width and depth to support any user comfortably.
- Lumbar support – lower back support is very important (rather than critical?).
- Support back – should be adjustable in both vertical directions and back / forward.
- Armrest – should be adjustable.
- Swivel – any ergonomic chair should rotate easily.
- Stability – a five-star base is recommended for many working environments.
- Seat material – the material on the seat and back should have enough padding to be comfortable to sit for extended periods.